Sunday, May 29, 2011

My work experience in Megger

For over 100 years, Megger has been the premier provider of electric test equipment and measuring instruments for electrical power applications. The trademark was first registered in May 1903.
Megger's product offering spans 30 distinct product groups with over 1,000 specific products.
Manufacturing and Marketing on a Global ScaleMegger products are manufactured at sites in Dallas, Texas; Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and Dover, England। Sales and technical support offices are also maintained across the U.S. and Canada, as well as in Mexico City, Mexico; Dover, England; Paris, France; Mumbai, India, and Bahrain. Through a global network of several hundred sales representatives, product literature and user manuals in seven languages, and product software with multilingual display, Megger can work with its customers locally, anywhere in the world.

On the first day (23/05) my mentor Andrew Eberlein training practice introduced me to the company megger, just talked about safety regulations in different parts of company as people who stay in the laboratory must wear special clothes and shoes that will not allow the penetration of harmful substances in the human body. (This clothing I was given the first day). My first day I spent in the warehouse, where fully mastered the packaging of products. Friendly and helpful staff could several times to me, and that explains how to put a computer program I use, that would send already packed goods to the destination.
In the beginning it was very horribly and nervously, but the guys in unison said that I can cope and not get caught, their help is very helpful. The first day I was very tired, but just wanted to work without stopping.
Tuesday 05/24, all day I spent in the warehouse. Engaged, packaging, warehousing and drafted the paperwork to send the product to the customer, as the megger is a global company, then for each continent has its own rules and paperwork just different. It requires speed and attention. Wednesday 05/25 was held in the company logistics group, which is in charge of monitoring the delivery of goods, transfer it to the customer.

Thursday 26/05 and Friday 05/27 I spent in the warehouse, where she has already started packing, warehousing, receiving products on the store itself and its distribution in storage. It was very difficult, but thanks to a team in the warehouse, I do ​​it.

No comments:

Post a Comment